Saturday, February 20, 2010

(harmonic) To Ohio by The Low Anthem

The Low Anthem has been all over the place musically, but their 2008/2009 album Oh My God, Charlie Darwin slowed things down to a mellow, relaxing, introspective experience. With this, the harmonica parts popped to the forefront in a hauntingly beautiful way. Below, I posted the quite popular and melancholic To Ohio. the Another song from this album that highlights harmonica beautifully is Home I'll Never Be

Thanks to Jonathan and Rocío for adding this band to my consciousness.

Smile. I



PS: Like the new player? I am psyched is works on Blogger.

song credit: Melophobe
photo credit: Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. If you're into the indie/folk rock vibe, I would highly recommend M. Ward, Monsters of Folk, She & Him, and Fleet Foxes (although I'm not sure how much they incorporate the harmonica). Monsters of Folk and She & Him are actually both side projects of M. Ward, who is amazing. I think I would love anything he creates. I saw him during an Austin City Limits taping last August and I kind of fell in love. She & Him will actually be in town doing a couple of free shows for SXSW in March, which will be awesome.

    By the way, hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete